Sunday, March 26, 2006

hizi na zile (this and that ... maybe)

I wonder... to all the teachers out there, how often do you chase goats out of your staff room? Is it a daily occurrence, weekly, monthly, or never? My experience is it is a weekly happenstance.

Also the 'scorpion entering my house and being crushed by a heavy object' tally is now up to three.

The end of the term is approaching and so I have one week to prepare the students for end of term exams. Boy, I hope they learned something.

I feel more and more like a character from a Harry Potter book. Our school has been 'sorted' into 4 houses. I am an assistant master to Kimathi house. There is also Mandela House, Wangari House, and Ngilu House. We are having and inter-house competition so I need to prepare my students physically and academically to win. Good times

I'll be updating in a couple weeks with a bit more information.

This was just a quickie as I was in town (Nairobi) celebrating the Peace Corps 45th anniversary. I was able to eat a hamburger, play softball (I made a spectacular game-saving catch), attend the Peace Corps Prom...the usual.

Hope things are swell in your neck of the woods!

No comments: