Saturday, August 20, 2005

The country of brotherly love?

My staging kit arrived in the mail today. I found out that my staging will be in Philadelphia so I need to call SATO Travel right away to arrange a plane ticket to get me there. The kit also included the itinerary for the few days I will be in Philly, and the flight plan that will get me to Kenya. It appears I will fly out of New York, make a pit stop in London, and then straight to Kenya.

I was sooooo glad, and very relieved to receive the staging kit. There's always that doubt at the back of your mind that you forgot to do something, or the Peace Corps doesn't like you anymore and they just decide to let you go. And you keep waiting and nothing happens. So getting this kit was comforting that everything is still a go.

I'd also like to thank all my loyal, diligent friends who have checked this site almost religiously all summer long waiting for it to be up and running. A special thanks to Bradley Morris aka "Boomer" aka "Biscuit" for somehow getting this site working even though he is in Cameroon, Africa.

No comments: